Thursday, September 22, 2011

I'm Elizabeth... Remember me?

I know... I know... I've been a slacker. My last post was December 10, 2010. I've had exciting things going on in my life. I really did, but I guess I would just rather read about your interesting lives. Since I am not finally updating the blog, please allow me to update you on this semi-interesting life of Elizabeth.

February
In February I bought my very own sewing/embroidery machine. It's very much a beginner machine which is good for me because I am very much a beginner at sewing and embroidering. I've learned a lot and have created a lot of cute things. I love making things, but I am still learning.

April
In April, I met Jeff. We met the "new age" way... on a dating website. I tried eHarmony and got tired of paying for a site where I wasn't matched up with anyone good so I ventured on over to the free dating website, plentyoffish.com. I'd been on there for a while and hadn't found anyone that caught my attention. I soon decided that I was going to stop looking and just let God's plan be fulfilled. About a week later, I get a message on POF (Plenty of Fish) saying that there was a guy that wanted to meet me. We started messaging each other on the website and then met at Falls Park one Sunday afternoon. One week later on Easter Sunday(4/24/2011), we made our relationship "official" and became boyfriend and girlfriend. We made sure to put it on Facebook that night because you know nothing is official until it is on Facebook. :) This coming Saturday will be our 5 monthiversary. I love him. :)



May
On May 14, 2011, I graduated from Liberty University with my Masters of Arts in Teaching in Elementary Education. I am certified to teach pre-k through 6th grade in Virginia, but I am still waiting to find out what I need to do to get my certification in South Carolina.


Here is a picture of me waiting for graduation to start. There were about 6,000 graduates that walked. Luckily, we separated into our different schools for the actual walking across the stage part. Everyone gathered in the stadium for the commencement speaker and then we had assigned places for our graduation ceremonies. Mine was at Thomas Road Baptist Church. At the ceremony for the commencement speaker, it was estimated that there were 30,000 people there plus the 6,000 graduates. It was crazy! They had 30,000 ponchos to give out in case of rain. Luckily, it just misted.

August
In August, I celebrated my 27th birthday. A bunch of my closest friends (minus a few that live far away) went to a Greenville Drive game. If you know me well, you know that I LOVE Greenville Drive games. We had so much fun! I loved getting to do one of the things I love with people I love. Turning 27 wasn't that bad. :) I would post pictures from that night, but I seem to have misplaced my camera. :( Pray that I can find it.

Well I believe that's all of the important highlights that I have for now. I do have another blog planned so be looking out for it. It's about the dreaded topic of exercise.... ahhhhhhh. Hope everyone has a great weekend!

By His Grace.

1 comment:

Laura said...

So glad you're back Elizabeth!!!