Saturday, August 23, 2008

Part of my heart is now in Alabama

My little brother is now a college freshman. I took Thursday off of work and my family drove to Birmingham, Alabama on Wednesday night so that we could be at his school at 8 am to move him in. The people were so helpful there during the whole move-in process. We didn't have to lift a box. David had been told to put labels with his name on all of his boxes and some students and volunteers got his stuff out of our cars and put it in a pile in front of his building. When he was ready to go up to his room they carried it up there for him! It was great! Anderson really should take a few pointers from Samford. His room is really small, but it looks quaint. The ceiling is slanted due to being on the 4th floor and because it's part of a dormer window. I think he's going to like it, but I miss him like crazy even though he hasn't been gone long. He's not only my little brother, he's become my best friend and now he's 5.5 hours away. I will survive. It's just hard. His classes start Monday so pray for him... and me too.


This picture was taken the first or second time we visited Samford University. I was 18 and David was 13. I think we were there for my cousin's wedding. The statue is of Mr. Beeson. He gave a lot of money to the school.


This is the first picture David and I ever took together. This was in the hospital after he was born.


By His Grace.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.